Prime Minister, Julia Gillard: declared ‘she wants Indigenous people to take greater responsibility for improving their own lives, after admitting the task was proving difficult for government’ (Jean, 2011 The Advertiser).
Ninna Marni (welcome) to the Australian Institute for Loss & Grief P/L
In 2005 the Australian Institute for Loss and Grief evolved out of the Sacred Site Within Healing Centre which was originally set up in 1993 and from both organisations the model the ‘Seven Phases to Integrating Loss and Grief’, evolved. The model is a ‘roadmap’ to describe the depths of what loss and grief is the 21st century and how to process it to evenually integrate the actual losses and grief emotions into our lives; with 25 years experiences the Institute has come to the realization the there’s more to loss and grief than death and dying. We describe the Seven Phases as the ‘next generation’ loss and grief model for the 21st century making it unique, innovative and motivational. The Australian Institute supports and works with Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal individuals & communities!
Using loss and grief we offer a range of services:
- Personal counselling – individuals, couples & family’s: aim is to integrate the loss/es and the grief emotions enabling one to move forward!
- Career counselling: aim is to help individuals ‘feel the fear and succeed anyway’, such a motto inspires them to move forward in their careers!
- 1 and/or 2 day Workshops: aim of this non-accredited workshop is to ‘show’ how there’s life after losses and grief – historical & contemporary!
- 5 day Training: aim is to give participants the choice of acquiring a nationally recognised qualification or not!
- Presentations/Conferences: aim is to show loss and grief is the missing link to understanding major social, emotional & health challenges!
- Motivational Speaker: aim is to use loss and grief to show there’s more to it than death and dying and how it has greater potential to heal much of humanities major social, emotional and health challenges!
Grieve; Heal; Be Inspired!